My Joyous Return

**So in case you are wondering, I am still alive. Due to the lack of wifi for a few months and some other hectic events, my posts have been nonexistent. Happily, I am back and running better than ever. Woohoo!! 

In the months that I have been unable to explain my explorations to you all, I will be brief and say things have been cray to the z. As many of you may already know, (or maybe you don’t and I’m just guessing you do) I have moved back to my hometown in Tennessee for a few months while my husband is being shipped off to distant lands. As much as it sucks that I had to say goodbye after being married for only a few months, it has been so good to see my beloved peeps in good ole’ Tennessee! A lot has changed here and in many ways, it’s been hard knowing I have missed so. much. Even though it may not seem like that huge of a deal, I hate seeing all these new beginnings that I wasn’t able to be a part of. I guess I expected everyone else's life to pause while I was gone but it really didn't. It more or less fast forwarded. And I no likey that. 

Yesterday made a week of my being home and I have hardly had time to smell the coffee in the mornings. I have definitely begun to make up for all the time I missed while I was gone. Even though 6 months might not sound like a long time, it is when your LITTLE sister is suddenly taller than you and your nephew walks like a pro and thoroughly enjoys talking to his imaginary girlfriend on the phone. As you know, I must continue this with pictures. 


 
Look at how big he is!! 

To continue with the cuteness, I can't forget to mention that my big sister is pregnant with a GIRL!!! I am literally jittery just thinking about how much fun it's going to be having two of the coolest kids on the block as my niece and nephew! Being an aunt is probably the funnest experience ever.
You will probably have to look very hard but I promise there is pink in there.

On top of all that craziness, my family's cat had kittens and I have gotten the privilege of cuddling with each and every one since I've been here. I am thoroughly enjoying the extra love!
If you are wondering why I look like I just woke up after driving for 12 hours, well..that's cause I just had. Excuse the frizz and awkward grin, I really did wake up like this.


It has been so good to be home and I thank God that I was able to get this chance to be with my family and friends while Darin is gone. As much as I really do miss him, it would've been ten times worse if I wasn't able to be here with the people I love. Not every day is a happy, perfect day but I really can't complain. I'm surrounded by awesome people and not everyone gets that luxury. A big shout out goes to my parents and lil sis who willingly let me reclaim my old room so I could have a roof over my head. I love you guys!

Comments

  1. Hello, my sweet friend!!! Your Mom told me you was home for a while. I am happy that you are home. Hope to get to see you sometime. I will be praying that your time away from your beloved will be short and that there will be lots of good stuff here to keep your heart from hurting while your husband is serving his country. I will also be praying that God will put His hedge of protection around that awesome husband of yours!!! Enjoy this time with your parents and all your family and friends. Hugs and love to you!!!! Patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts