This Holiday Ends, A New One Begins

Well, the Holidays are over. It was fun and exciting, but I'm glad normal life resumes after all the hustle and bustle. With it being my first Holiday season having to actually drive IN the traffic, I thank God I didn't die. It seems like once Christmas comes around, everyone turns into the happiest people ever while they run over you with their huge vehicles. Tis' the Season..

This Holiday Season has definitely been different. Me and my family have decided to go a different route this year and we celebrated Hanukkah. Which was really awesome, by the way. We still celebrated Christ's birth and we still opened presents. But instead of revolving everything around one day, we celebrated by reading scripture and lighting a candle for 8 nights. It almost made the season less stressful and gave us all a time to settle down from the days events and end the day enjoying each others company. It was peaceful and a true blessing, I'm happy we did it. 



Something about this time of year just hits me hard. I start thinking about the years events and this year I especially had a lot to think about. As I was looking back, I realized this year would be my last full year in Tennessee. Once January hits, I have three months and two weeks in Tennessee before moving to North Carolina.  Mind = Exploded into a billion pieces. I can't believe how fast time has gone. I've been engaged for 7 months come January but it feels more like 2 weeks. I honestly don't know how I'm even slightly prepared for this thing. I am just thankful Pinterest, Goodwill, thrift stores and online shopping exists. It's been a lifesaver! That, and my Mom, future Mother-in-Law, and a few special friends also have been lifesavers. I am truly thankful for them and their help!
  
Modeling my new pizza socks I got from my lil sis! (I got the taco socks awhile back for a gift to myself)
Coming up soon, me and my love will be getting our engagement pictures taken. With that being said.... you guessed it, Darin FINALLY comes home a week from today!!!! *extremely elaborate excitement dance!!* It's going to be so nice having him home for a few weeks. Hopefully I won't overwhelm him with all the wedding planning, welcome home hugs, and etc. There is literally nothing to describe my excitement at this moment. So before I just totally explode this entire blog post with my enthusiastic shenanigans...... I hope you guys have a great week and a safe New Years! Peace! 


Adventures Await!

Comments

  1. Love your blog post. Take notes along the way. Remember the good stuff. Let the other stuff go. Live in the moment, that is the only moment you know you have. I hope you and Darin enjoy your time together when he gets home. hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts