New Beginnings, Big Adventures.

I am now an old married woman living in North Carolina with my bestest friend. I still have to pinch myself to make sure this is really real aaannnnd, it is. Life has been crazy these past few weeks. Not only did I get married but I moved 700 miles from my home and became the spouse of a Marine, which took some getting used to. Every aspect of this place is new and unusual to me. Where Tennessee had hills upon hills, here it’s just flat. I used to live on a farm where I could look out my back door and see fields, now I live in a subdivision where all I see out my back door is houses. It hasn’t been easy adjusting to the changes but luckily, my husband (which is still weird saying) has helped this transition be as easy and painless as possible. 

Before me and Darin got married, I had mentioned I wanted some cute animal to tag along with us and document our many adventures together. After work I would look everywhere in search for the perfect little animal. One day I came home and found out that my little sis took it upon herself to make this extremely adorable baby yeti for us. After many sleepless nights of contemplation, I decided to name him Zeus. You will probably see him a lot but I guess that’s better than seeing a bazillion selfies of me and the hubby. (Don’t let me fool you, you will still see lots of those too.) Zeus is extremely social so not only can you follow his travels here, but on Instagram @ zeuster17. Go follow him, he gives free hugs that are guaranteed to make you feel warm and happy inside. 

One of the great perks of living in NC is I can go see the ocean any time I want, which is AHMAZING. I am like a little kid when it comes to the beach, I could chill in that salty water till I become a potato chip. I start to grin like a goof and rub my hands together like I’m cold. (It’s a weird thing I do when I’m excited, I’m not actually cold) Since I had some free time yesterday, I thought to myself, “I could go to the beach right now if I wanted.” I have never lived close enough to the ocean to ever get the chance to say that. So I grabbed a quick bite to eat and literally just left with the clothes on my back and a big dorky grin on my face. I hardly knew where I was going or how I was going to make it home but I knew for sure I was going to find the ocean even if it took me all day. I could feel myself getting close when I crossed this bridge onto this island. If I couldn’t find the ocean on an island then something is wrong. 




When I got close enough, I could see the water peeking in between every house I past. If I wasn’t driving, I would’ve been rubbing my hands together and climbing out the window. I finally found a public beach and without thinking, I just jumped in. I’m kidding, I’m not that crazy. I did poke my toes in the chilly water and decided I would just sit and watch the waves. It was a beautiful day and part of me still couldn’t believe it only took me an hour to get there. I made sure Zeus had his moment seeing the ocean for the first time and we had a quick photo shoot before heading home. Which again, I was freaking out I didn’t have to drive 14 hours to get home. 


As I’ve gotten settled in my new home, some days being away from family and friends is really hard. So instead of being sad about what I may be missing, I’ve decided to find things throughout my day that I consider as little joys. My little joy today is this coffee mug. It may not look super special on the outside, but it’s freaking adorable on the inside. I look forward to seeing this little guy’s head poke out of my coffee every morning. Have a blessed Wednesday!!




Comments

  1. I am so in awe of the strength,vulnerability & choice to look for joy in you! Philippians 4:4-13 are verses that encourage me . I love you , you old married woman you ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber you are so freaking adorable. I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! Keep the posts coming! Love you both, Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts