The First of Many Changes

It's literally been forever since I've been on here. I recently deleted all my old blog posts I had on here because I thought it was about time to just start anew. The last post I had written was over 3 years ago and about a body pillow I made out of a kimono, which was amusing. I found the kimono at Goodwill for 99 cents and gave it to my sister because the women who wear said kimonos don't have hips, which I do. Long story short, she gave it back to me and I tried it on thinking I would somehow fit into it and ripped the zipper out of the dress. Never again. But instead of throwing away what was the coolest dress ever, I made it into a body pillow that also works as a friend to hug when no one else is around! Not many people found it as awesome as I did but I'm guessing they are just jealous they don't have one.

Another thing I felt that needed to be refreshed was my blog title. My life has gone for a major whirlwind these past few months\years so in celebration for the journey, I decided to clash all these words together that hopefully make sense for the passerbyers and you, who will know what it means first hand because I’m about to explain the meaning of thy title. 

So, as I said, my life has been crazy and I just have this feeling that the craziness isn't going to stop from here on. I became an aunt, graduated, got engaged AND got a job all in the same year. My homeschooled childhood has never been apart of such a busy atmosphere. That takes care of the crazy part, along with knowing I’m a bit crazy myself. 

Wanderful is obviously a word I made up by meshing wonderful and wander together. I love wandering, it’s like walking without thinking where you are headed. Just enjoying wherever you are and taking it all in. At least, that’s how I wander. 

I have always been somewhat of an adventurer. Even though I haven’t seen the world like I would like to yet, my backyard and up in the trees were often where me and my older sister seeked adventure as kids. Everyday for me is somewhat of an adventure. Each day I explore new things and it’s an exciting experience even though I’m not climbing the highest mountain or discovering a new way of life. 



As for the curious part of the title, if you look up curious in your dictionary it will say something along the lines of “eager to know or learn something”. There’s so much I haven’t seen and so much I would like to learn during this life. I hope my curiosity finally does me some good instead of getting me into trouble for being nosy! 




My handsome fiance and my beautiful ring!
Aside from my title being super long, I think it suits the “Curiously Crazy yet Wanderful  Adventure” I am about to partake in. As I mentioned before, I'm engaged but what I didn't mention was my fiancĂ© is a U.S. Marine and I will be moving to North Carolina with him once we marry. As excited as I am for this move, coming to reality with all the changes I will go through is nonetheless hard. Having to leave my family, friends, and all I've ever known is like trying to get gum off the bottom of your shoe. I just don't want to let go. What makes it even worse (but slightly better) is they don't want to let go of me either. Change is hard sometimes. Half of me refuses to believe I'm getting married in 4 months while the other half can't wait to live beside my love everyday. It excites me thinking of all the opportunitys I will have to stretch my horizons and travel like I have always wanted to. It just takes a little faith, trust and God. (sorry, pixie dust is overrated) Hopefully during this process I am able to keep you updated on what's up in my world. I will try and write as much as there is things to write about. Sometimes I used to fall out of writing due to the boring nothingness I did daily so this should spice things up a bit, I hope.


Adventures Await!


Comments

  1. Hi Amber!!! Can't wait to read more of your wanderful adventures. I would like to over step my boundaries and just tell you something up front. Always remember Who you are and Who's you are. You are a child of God, that covers both. Always remember your "raisin". Here in the south, we know that word refers to your upbringing and not a dried grape. hehehe In every decision that has to be made, always seek God first and then tap in to what your Mom and Dad taught you. I think there is a Proverb in the Bible that says something like this, "don't let the sun go down on your anger". This is my paraphrase. What ever you do, don't sleep on anger, it's harder to let it go, it's harder to work out because something has taken root and you will have to work harder to get rid of it than you would have if it had been dealt with up front. That is my nickle's worth of advice after you get married. I wish you nothing but sunshine, peace, wonderful wanderings, love, joy and happiness all the days of your life. hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts