Showered With Inconceivable Love.

So I guess you're wondering what took me so long to get back on here and write. Two words: wedding plans. Yesterday was actually my bridal shower and it was ridiculously enjoyable. The theme was Princess Bride, which suits the occasion quite nicely. Especially since me and Darin fit the role as Westley and Buttercup so perfectly. 




To review the days events, I will start at the very beginning. I began the day with a cup of joe and sat myself in front of the heater, a normal morning for me. It kind of hit me then that today wasn't just some normal gloomy Sunday, I was actually going to a party where I will receive gifts for my new home. It's been hard to believe at times that this is seriously happening, it feels like a dream 99.9% of the time. After my family packed up our things, we headed to the church where the shower was being held. My Mom and Aunt took care of most of the decor and food along with the help of a few others. There was even cute Princess Bride puns for each of the food items! 



 Moments before the party began, a trumpet was blown to declare it was time to eat. We blew the trumpet every time something was about to happen, it was hysterical. (Thanks Rachel for sharing your glorious skills) One of my Sunday School teachers from middle school started us with a beautiful prayer and the festivities began. 


As the day progressed, I felt like an undeserving woman that got declared Queen and was covered in riches of wisdom and blessings by everyone who walked through the doors. I have never felt so loved and so blessed. When I began opening presents, the first one I opened was one from a very sweet friend of mine. (Really she's my mom's friend but I like to steal her sometimes) The gift was a basket of candles. Each set of candles was meant to be burned on a specific date. I love candles so it's going to be hard for me not to light them all at once. Such a cool gift! 

(Thanks to my sister who made me the lovely afghan in the background!) 


All of my bridesmaids are THE BEST friends a girl could ever have. As I sat on the couch with them all surrounding me, I couldn't have been happier. They make me giggle and feel like a million bucks. Not to mention they literally are gorgeous models and the sweetest group of girls you will ever meet. 


As pretty as we all are, we are also huge dorks. My Granny got me this awesome crock pot complete with an adorable baby crock pot called the little dipper. We were freaking out about how cute it was for about 10 minutes. 


And we can't forget about the weapons I got for my kitchen. 


The day went by so quick but I certainly had a blast. I am so honored to have a friend in each of these beautiful ladies. I couldn't have had such an amazing party without my Mom (a.k.a wonder woman) who hosted this lovely get-together, my Aunt Stephanie who came up with all the centerpieces, my future mother-in-law who came all the way from Charlotte, TN to help and love on me, my amazing bridesmaids who lift me up daily, and every single woman who came to support me. 



"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17 




Comments

  1. Ooohhh, I love this blog post!!!!!! It sure looked like you had an awesome day and a lot of fun!!!! Time rolls by quickly. It really does. Enjoy every day. That way, even if you can't remember tomorrow, everything you done today, you can say that you know you enjoyed yesterday. God bless you as you move towards your new life and the new journey that it will be. hugs and much love to you, patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts