Brownie Brittle Blast

Awhile back I was waiting in line at a store where I saw what looked like the most beautiful thing ever. Brownie Brittle. I literally was so intrigued I walked straight over to it and starred in awe. That is until I saw the price tag. $4 for a tiny bag?! Uhhh...no. Ever since then I have been itching to try out this brownie brittle. For whatever reason, I didn't think about trying to make it myself until now. I found a recipe online, grabbed a box of brownie mix I had just gotten at the store, and took fate into my own hands. Sadly, I spread it too thick the first time. It turned out more like a flatter brownie than brittle. It was still good though! I went out today and bought two more boxes of brownie mix to practice my hand at it again. This time, it did a lot better! The edges were a bit burnt but that could've easily been prevented if I wasn't trying to multitask by mopping my kitchen floor by hand while waiting for it to cook. Once I popped the burnt edges off, I tried out my creation and it was truly divine. I'm quite proud of it! 



I couldn't simply stop there. Recently I had found Samoas Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream at my local store. I have heard about this ice cream for quite some time but I've never gotten to taste it's deliciousness until a few days ago. Knowing I had this treat in my freezer, I decided this brownie brittle needed a friend. I slapped a big spoonful of ice cream in between two pieces of my brownie brittle and wah la, masterpiece! It was no doubt the most delicious ice cream sammich I have ever had. 




The website I found the recipe on can be found here. I totally recommend reading the comments that people give about their experiments on this certain recipe. (This one lady said she made caramel butterscotch drizzle for it!! YUM!) 

Comments

  1. Oh my goshie, that looks soooo good!!!!! Who knew???? My hubby will love this with a capital LOVE!!! And about those burnt edges, ohhhh that is the best part. I can't wait to try this because it will score big brownie points. (pun intended) And that ice cream looks delicious. So, I will have to look for some that too. hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts